I shouldn’t have gotten cocky. For the past few days, all I have managed is three pages of poo...Not even good poo (word or idea fertilizer)...Nope just poo.
I have to admit it. I have the dreaded Indie Writer (or any writer for that matter) Curse. I have... (Cue dramatic music)...WRITERS BLOCK.
So, since I’m not writing anything useful, I thought I might as well poke some fun at this wretched curse and share:
Top 10 Ways to Beat Writers Block
9. Spend Time With Family. I love this one. Nothing brings a family closer together than spending time with a cranky writer. This is a personal favorite mine too since my daughter weighed in on one of my recent habits.
8. Play A Few Games of Bubble Popper on My Kindle. Those crazy little bubbles! I don’t know what it is about them, but nothing makes me feel less like I’m wasting time than popping a bunch of color codes bubbles on my Kindle screen. Productivity at its best.
7. Go Ahead and Write Poo. Yeah, you remember from above how well that one worked.
6. Free Write. Wouldn’t I just love to poke the eyes out of whoever invented that idea! If I could “free write” I would “write write”. What sort of joke is it to even suggest that?
5. Research Your Setting. Oh, spending time trolling Google always helps. I don’t care how committed to your project you are, it’s only a matter of time before you start searching “Celebrity Plastic Surgery Disasters” and watching cat videos on YouTube.
4. Talk with Other Writers on Facebook. You start off with good intentions, talking about the craft and world building, but then Candy Crush starts calling or you just have to stop and share that awesome e-card you just read. If you’re working straight down the list, you could also pass on those pictures of Celebrity Plastic Surgery Disasters and a few cat videos.
3. Go For A Walk. The peace and quiet of a walk really helps you get in touch with your characters to where you can really visualize what it is that they want to say....And now you’re the crazy person talking to these imaginary characters out in public and scaring everyone else.
2. Go Have A Drink. Same as above, except now you’re the drunk crazy person. That’s how you clear a room!
1. Write a Blog Post About Beating Writers Block. Do I really need to explain this one?
So, there it is, I'm still stuck and the poo is still poo.
Anyway, I'm trying hard to finish Far Away (Gypsy Fairy Tale, Book Two) and I want to thank everyone for all the e-mails I've been getting about the sneak peek! I'm loving all the feedback!