1. First off, welcome to the blog. Can you tell us a little about yourself? Thank you so much for having me!!! Well, I’m a chemist by day and an erotic romance writer, wife, and kitten-momma by night!
2. How old were you when you decided that you wanted to be a writer? I toyed with the idea when I was in middle school, but fell into science. I was 25 when I decided I wanted to be published. *grins*
3. For those readers that haven’t had the pleasure of reading your work, can you tell us a little about it? The Redwood Pack series is a seven book (plus some special novellas) series that surrounds the Jamenson family and their fight against an evil, rival Pack, the Centrals. Each book follows a Jamenson sibling and their fight to find and keep their mates.
4. Do you see yourself in any of these characters? I like to think that a part of me is in each of them, but they are their own people. And their own voices in my head!
5. Do you have any odd writing habits or rituals? I’m a plotter. I have outlines of my outlines and spreadsheets of my spreadsheets LOL.
6. All writers have them, but what was that a-ha moment that inspired you? It comes with each book I think. But this time I was thinking about Uncle Maddox and how he would be babysitting a toddler!
7. What are your most difficult scenes to write? Action scenes. My brain works to fast for them and it takes forever to type it LOL.
8. Describe your ideal writing place. I’d love to have my own office with tons of light. A nice comfy chair and scenery images all around me.
9. When you first started out as a writer, what were some of your biggest challenges? Asking for help. Honestly, even though writing is sometimes a solitary process…it’s not.
10. Any advice for other writers that are just starting out? WRITE! Put words down on paper and go for it.
11. Are your family and friends supportive of you? Yes. They were sketchy at first mostly because I was as well. But they are super proud of me. My dad even used my bookmark in his book on his cruise with my mom LOL!
12. What writers have inspired you? Rebecca Royce helped me put my feet on the ground. Love her.
13. Who is your favorite character from another author’s work? Spade from the Night Huntress series. LOVE HIM!
14. What do you do when you are not writing? Read! Honestly, I’m quite boring!
15. What can we expect from you in the future? You’ll be getting more Redwood Pack from me! I also have a few more series in the works. *grins*
Thanks for having me!
Giveaway Info: I’m giving away a signed swag pack to someone who comments! *Grins* be sure to leave your email!
Book 3.5 in the Redwood Pack Series
Kade Jamenson has been mated to Melanie for almost two years. They’ve been through mating circles, battles, loss, misunderstandings, and finally, the birth of their son, Finn. The world is in turmoil around them as the Redwoods engage in war with the Centrals. But for Kade and Melanie, the turmoil is also happening at home. The responsibility of a restless baby and their Pack has taken a toll and they need a break.
Not from each other. But from their Pack. Just for a night.
Kade takes Mel away for a romantic getaway and leaves Uncle Maddox alone with baby Finn. The Omega of the Redwood Pack may be adept at emotions but the idea of a baby may be beyond his immense capabilities.
Author’s Note: This is a novella set between books 3 and 4 to give you a taste of Mel and Kade. It is best that you have already immersed yourselves in the Redwood Pack world, however even new readers will enjoy a glimpse of one of the Redwood’s favorite couples.
A Night Away Excerpt
Mel looked into Kade’s green eyes and focused. She needed time with this man. Just the fact that she’d thought for a moment he’d leave her meant she did. And Kade cemented the fact that she was scared. Yes, she could admit that at least to herself. She was scared to death. She was floundering as a mother, as a mate, and a Pack leader. She needed a moment to escape. To sit back and remember why she loved doing all these things. To remember that she loved her mate and needed him more than the air she breathed.
She placed her palm on his face, his unshaved cheek scraping against her skin and she shivered at the thought of where else his five-o’-clock shadow could scrape her. His tanned skin looked like caramel against her pallor. She wanted to see where else they’d contrast when they lay naked in a sweaty pile.
She needed a break. If only for a night.
“Okay,” she finally whispered. “That sounds wonderful.”
Maddox released a sigh, and Kade smiled. “Good.”
“Where are we going?”
“It’s a surprise.” Kade gave a smoldering look and Mel melted into a puddle.
Her first book, An Alpha's Path, is the first in her Redwood Pack series. She's also an avid reader and lover of romance and fiction novels. She loves meeting new authors and new worlds. Any recommendations you have are appreciated. Carrie Ann lives in New England with her husband and two kittens.
Carrie Ann loves hearing from readers. You can find her at:
Website | Blog | Heartthrob Haven | Facebook Author Page | Facebook Friend | Goodreads |
Twitter: @CarrieAnnRyan | Tumblr
An Alpha’s Path Amazon Barnes & NobleAReA Taste for a Mate AmazonBarnes & NobleAReTrinity Bound AmazonBarnes&NobleARe