1. Instalove: Is there anything more annoying? The characters just meet and talk about how deeply in love they are. #Seriously? You just met two paragraphs ago!
2. Stalker Love: This was huge with Edward in Twilight. A guy sneaking into a woman's room at night to watch her sleep is not sweet, it's creepy!
3. Perfection: I understand that no one wants to read about ugly characters, but do all the characters have to be goodlooking, wealthy, and have a delightful personality? Let them have one flaw at least! A temper, a cowlick, something!
4. All Sex and No Story: I'm no prude, but instasex ranks right up there with instlove. Throw it in with instalove and it's a complete recipie for disaster! Can you at least describe the characters first? Or at least mix it in?
5. Predictable: If I can already guess the ending by the end of chapter one, it is a total fail. Even if I hope the hero and herroine get together, I want the to be challenges along the way to keep me interested.
6. Too Short: I hate it when a story feels rushed and hurried. This is a book, not a trip to McDonalds.
7. Too Long: On the opposite side of #6 are books that are too long. Please don't take three pages to describe one article of clothing.
8. It's All A Dream Ending: Okay, this wasn't a good idea when the original Dallas did it with Bobby Ewing's death and it still sucks.
9. Cliff Hangers: These are fine when leading from one book to another in a series, but when it happens in s stand alone...It's just annoying.
Do you have any total book fails you would like to add?
Want more of my bookish ramblings? Sign up for my newsletter for sneak peeks, giveaways, and FREE STUFF.