1. There is actually a "Dracula" disease that causes vampire-like symptoms including sensitivity to sunlight. It's a rare condition that goes by the scientific name of porphyria.
2. The 1922 film Nosferatu starring Max Schreck so closely resembled Bram Stoker's novel that the estate sued and won. Almost all copies of the film were destroyed.
3. Agloglave is a child born to a human mother and a vampire father. (Sorry Twilight fans, but this legend began centuries ago)
4. There are over 16,000 Kindle books featuring vampires.
5. According to Vampire Nation by Arlene Russo (2008), Prince Charles is a direct descendant of Vlad the Impaler, the son of Vlad Dracula.
6. The most recognizable portrayal of Dracula in film was done by Bella Lugosi. Lugosi was buried wearing one of his Dracula capes.
7. The original 541 page manuscript of Dracula was believed lost for decades until it was found in a barn in Pennsylvania in the early 1980's.
So how much of this will make it into my next project? I don't know, but if you want to stay up to date on my upcoming work, enter your name and email address below.