With so much talk right now about Harry Potter and JK Rowling, I got to thinking about the impact these two have had on my life, my work, and the world that I live in. So I decided to create a list of the top 10 things Harry Potter and JK Rowling taught me about life.
10. Be a better housekeeper and clean under the stairs. You never know when you will be living there.
9. Chocolate can cure anything.
8. Camping is always a bad idea.
7. Trees can be dangerous.
6. Always buy used text books.
5. Don't always trust everything you read in the media.
4. Our choices show who we are far more than our abilities.
3. Anticipation can be its own thrill (i.e. Pottermore.com)
2. What is right is not always what is easy.
1. Literature is the greatest art form.
It may seem strange that a fictional character and his creator can teach us so many life lessons, but it happens everyday. I'd love to read your own lists and find out how the author and her young wizard have affected you! And don't forget to check out Pottermore.